Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TUESDAY TUTORIAL - #2 PAPER PIECING

Hello! Andrea here for the second tutorial for MelJen's Designs. Today I bring you a step by step guide to paper piecing a digital stamp.

When I think digitals stamps I immediately begin choosing my papers. I am in love with patterned paper. So much variety in patterns, texture, and color that it can really make an image pop off the page. In this tutorial I wanted to break down the steps to paper piecing one of my favorite MelJen’s Design images, “Pansies”.

I began the process by inserting the image twice into a word document, resizing one to make it smaller than the other. Taking the idea from the Shannon’s first tutorial, I wanted to “merge” these images on paper.

Once you have chosen your paper, print your images and get ready to cut and create!

Start with your base, in this case the cream cardstock. I wanted to use the larger image as the base and add an additional flower from the smaller image, as shown below. (By adding this, it gives me the outline I need to line up the next layer correctly.)

Now you want to add the layers of color. With each layer add 3-dimensional tape to give the image depth.


Finally, add more detail using markers, glitter, or other embellishments.

And your project is complete!

Tip: You will be sure not to waste paper if you use the remaining pieces to create additional images.

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and be sure to check back in two weeks for #3 brought to you by Shannon.

Andrea
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Wow thanks for this great tutorial. I've been coloring all my digital images by hand so this is going to be great to use

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love paper piecing! Great tutorial - and pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [27 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome tut Andrea :)).. it is such a beautiful technique.. :))

    thanks :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks I learnt somethings I did not know .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the wonderful tutorial. I've always wondered how to get this look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Tutorial. Thanks a lot for sharing. Katarina XXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! (hugs)

(If you have questions for the artist, you can contact her directly at info@meljensdesigns.com - for all other questions, please visit our 'contact' page. We'll help you the best we can! :-)