Saturday, October 30, 2010

Introducing....... { Part 5 of 5 }

Here's the last edition to the "Getting to know the Design Team"-Saturday!!!!!  Next Saturday will feature our November Guest Designer of the month!  Who is it?  Well, you will just have to come back and see!! 

Last, but by far NOT the least, is our wonderfully artistic SANDY ALLNOCK!  Sandy joined us last Spring in the middle of a rotation/term, but wow, were we excited to have her on our team!  She's uber sweet and extra busy, but always finds time in her schedule to share her talent with us each week!  And for that we are blessed!  Here's......



I'm a graphic designer by trade, and I work by day at World Vision. (Where I have been working on a SCRAPBOOKING project all day! Imagine THAT!) I've been a designer my whole career....went to school in Maryland. And now I live in Washington. The left coast one! By night and weekend, I run Operation Write Home, which is my way of helping crafters have excuses to buy and use more STUFF ("Really, honey, I neeeeeed more patterned paper! It's for the troops!!!").....and I also love serving our nation's heroes!!!

Craftywise, I'm a consummate overembellisher whenever I can....love me some lumpy cards! I also love Copics, and if a card doesnt have a stamped colored image on it, it has NO PLACE in my heart lately :) Okay I like other peoples' but mine look naked without Copics! I took the certification training, but I learned more on my own - being an artist myself, I experimented til I learned how to use them. I'm on a bender this year to post a card a day....supposed to be MAKE a card a day, but some days, ya know....yesterday's card sometimes has to suffice. But I'm doing a lot more creating since I took on this New Years resolution, so the whole thing is working to keep me crafting.  Hope to see you visit me soon at my blog, It's a Colourful World!

Our design team is awesome!  Always doing more than what is expected of them, always there to lend a helping hand or a supportive, sympathetic shoulder or ear!  We are like family here at Meljen's Designs and enjoy getting to know our followers and fans through our challenges and card-shares!

If you are wondering, our next Design Team Call has been tentatively set for January 1st.  If any of our current members decide to step down we will put a call out for newbie designers to begin on February 1, 2011, for the next four-month rotation.  Until then, we hope you participate in our weekly challenges and send us pictures of your newest Meljen's creations and we may just post it on the blog here!

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sandy! I've just had a browse through your blog and you can see quite clearly that you have a great eye for design!

    Thx for sharing a bit about yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! (hugs)

(If you have questions for the artist, you can contact her directly at info@meljensdesigns.com - for all other questions, please visit our 'contact' page. We'll help you the best we can! :-)