Friday, June 24, 2011

A Sad Farewell to Carisa!

It has been awesome having Carisa with us for the month of June!  I know she's inspired me and I hope that you're creative juices are flowing, too!

This week, I asked Carisa what inspired her?  What does she to do kick-start her mojo when it seems to be lacking?

Ahhh, what inspires me?!?! Anything pretty - I love looking at pretty paper, full of color and texture and design. I could look at designer paper for hours at the store....in fact, I have such an obsessions it's starting to border on hoarding. haha! If I'm feeling low on mojo, a good sketch is where I will turn to. Then I'll start coloring a stamp. It's pretty easy to color the skin and hair without having a clear direction so that is where I will begin. Then because I like to have my paper picked out first, I'll dig thru my papers and try to figure out what I want so I can color clothing/accessories to match. I also love looking at blogs and magazines to get the creative energy flowing again. Usually just seeing something gorgeous makes me want to get to my desk to create something all my own.

I want to thank Dee and everyone at Meljen's for asking me to guest design in June! It was so much fun to design with these cute images. I love their simple & whimsical design - perfect for the coloring addict like myself! 

Here's Carisa's last (sob!) card for you:



Thanks for joining us this month, Carisa!  It's been such a joy sharing your creations with all of our Meljen's Fans and learning more about you each week!

If YOU would like to be a Guest Designer with Meljen's Designs, just email Dee or Nicole for more info!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. hiya sweetie
    fare well hunni
    thank you for sharing your lovely creations
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! (hugs)

(If you have questions for the artist, you can contact her directly at info@meljensdesigns.com - for all other questions, please visit our 'contact' page. We'll help you the best we can! :-)