Friday, April 27, 2012

Candace's First Card

Hi everyone!!

It's Candace here! Today I am sharing one of my very first Meljen's Designs cards using Fancy Little Teapot. This cards has always been a favorite of mine. I just love this teapot image combined with the pretty papers! I especially love the touch of black because it helps the image to pop a little!

I also want to give you a little tip today about adding sentiments to your images. That's the awesome thing about digis - you can resize them, merge them with other digis, and even add your own sentiments! I opened this image up in Photoshop. I normally print my images out by simply using Microsoft Word, but since I wanted to edit the image itself, I needed to use a photo-editing program. I chose a font and typed "thinking of you" and centered it underneath the teapot image. Then, I saved it under a new name. Next, I just printed it out like normal, colored it up, and added it to my card. 


I hope this gives you some ideas on creative ways you can use digi images! 
Have a great day!
-Candace

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. beautiful card, lovely image and papers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Candace! Thanks for the sentiment tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! (hugs)

(If you have questions for the artist, you can contact her directly at info@meljensdesigns.com - for all other questions, please visit our 'contact' page. We'll help you the best we can! :-)