Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Worth a Thousand Words ...

A picture, it is said, is worth a thousand words, but cannot a few well-spoken words convey as many pictures?  ~Author Unknown

I love finding just the right quotation to accompany one of Melissa's Wonderful Images. I can sit forever sifting through quotes on a topic that relates to the image I am working with till I find the one that 'speaks to me'.   A Few examples ...

The quote for this card using the image Makeup Brush was found by simply doing an internet search for "cosmetic quotes". I nearly died laughing when I found this one....so true, so true.



A search for 'Apple Pie Quotes' to accompany the image Hot Apple Pie resulted in this sentiment:


A search for 'Art Quotes' to go with Artist Bear resulted in:


Lastly, Sometimes I see an image and it sparks a memory of a favorite quotation as Teacup Mouse did:


In closing I will leave you with this thought that I found after a search for 'quotes about quotes'

I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself.  ~Marlene Dietrich

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I too am always searching for just the right words..quotes...sayings etc. I truly enjoyed your post. Thank you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quotes too. Sometimes you say, "Why didn't I think of that?" Sometimes you think, "You know, they're right?" This was a very good day with perfect cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robbie I always love your fun sentiments. I can't wait to start searching for new ones. Thanks for sharing these cards with us

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! (hugs)

(If you have questions for the artist, you can contact her directly at info@meljensdesigns.com - for all other questions, please visit our 'contact' page. We'll help you the best we can! :-)