Friday, May 25, 2012

Candace's Stamp Room

Hi there!!

It's Candace here, and today I am going to share my stamp room with y'all! This is my happy place. :)

I always get a lot of compliments on how organized my room is, so I thought it might be helpful to share how I organize everything. I'm also going to link to a couple of my favorite products that I just couldn't stamp without! 

This is the view of my stamp room from the doorway. I LOVE my desk. It's called a trestle desk, and I purchased it a few years ago at Target. I love the big workspace. On my desktop I have my paper-trimmer, a bin to hold my design team calendar, recently printed sketches and digi image, etc., my Copic Cubbie, my Scor-Buddy, my Carousel (it holds all my "go-to" tools and adhesives), and my newest toy - my Vagabond! The shelves below hold my Cuttlebug, my Janome Sew Mini, and my glue gun

My husband recently added the shelves above my desk for me. The top shelf holds pretty things, gifts from friends, and items I've made. The bottom shelf holds my 6x6 paper bins and my ribbon jars.

The Jetmax cubes on the wall are my key to organization! They can be costly, but I always purchased them a few at a time when they were 50% off at Michael's until I had all of the ones I wanted. Each drawer is labeled. I store my stamps by manufacturer in these drawers. I also have drawers for ink pads, flowers, chipboard, punches, adhesive, glitter and paint, bling, embellishments, felt, and envelopes for my cards. I don't have a lot of embellishments, so I don't organize those my color like a lot of people do. I just throw them all in that drawer! I do have dividers in there to keep things separated, though. I keep more ribbon and flowers as well as my collection of Liquid Pearls and Stickles on the Making Memories Embellishment Center


I had one of the original Copic cubbies. I outgrew it...or rather, my Copics outgrew it! So, my dad used these instructions to make me a new unit out of foam board!


I got these gallon-size penny candy jars at Walmart to store my ribbon that I wound on clothespins. Some people say they have a problem with the ribbon falling off the pin. Here's an easy fix - secure it with a straight pin! I purchased the clothespins at Hobby Lobby.


I also got these bins at Walmart. They fit my 6x6 paper pads perfectly. That is the only size of paper I buy anymore, so this works for me! These bins were only a dollar! I wish I had bought more!


This is one of the cubes shown above. This one holds all of my Papertrey Ink cardstock organized by color!


This isn't stamping related, but I thought you might like to see the opposite side of the room.


That's it! I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at where I get my craft on! If you have any questions, feel free to email me at candylou48 at gmail dot com!

Thanks for stopping by! :)
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. I love your room. Would like to come down to Florida to make up my new scrap room? I even have an extra guest room for you to stay in. right now there is no furniture in ir, not even a desk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a SWEEEET Craftroom. I am copying this to show my husband. I just want a corner of the huge upstairs bedroom and I will be so happy. Thank you for inspiring me, and I hope him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks great and very clean, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Craft Room! Thank you for sharing!
    Carol O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I am envious of Candice's beautiful organized craft room. I'd be ashamed to have anyone see mine. I teach card classes and have more "stuff" than I have room for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Candace, This is wonderful... One of these days....in the meantime I stashed your lovely craft room in my favorites folder for inspiration when that day comes. Maybe this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almost forgot thanks for the link to the copics cubbie. I'll get hubby started on that one right away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks AMAZING! Love you room :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your working room looks AMAZING! Love it! :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! (hugs)

(If you have questions for the artist, you can contact her directly at info@meljensdesigns.com - for all other questions, please visit our 'contact' page. We'll help you the best we can! :-)