Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Machine Embroidery Using MelJen's Digital Stamps

There is great news at MelJen's. You can now use your digital stamps to make projects using machine embroidery! About a year ago I bought a embroidery sewing machine. To be able to use digital stamps and transform them into machine embroidery you need a digitizing program for your embroidery machine. I have a Brother machine so I use the PE-Next program. I also have used Buzz Edit and tried my hand at Embird. All the major sewing machine companies offer a digitizing program for their machines as well. My first attempt at digitizing I used the "Chickadee Teacup" image. I put this image onto kitchen towels and made a corresponding card. These were a gift for a friend.
After getting a new digitizing program I made a set of towels for Melissa, who is the artist behind MelJen's.
These images would be great used as redwork, added to quilt squares, children's clothing or home decoration projects. Really it is up to your creativity and ability to digitize the images. I am positive there are other MelJen's affectionados who are much more experienced embroidery machine digitizers than I am. Share your project. This post reminds me of the Reece's peanut butter cup commercial. "Hey, you put your chocolate in my peanut butter". "Hey, you put your peanut butter on my chocolate". What transpired was candy legend lol:) Now you can use your MelJen's digi stamps for machine embroidery. Go out and create some magic:)
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Your designs are perfect for this. Makes me wish I were into doing machine embroidery, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are fabulous and I love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome! (I will not buy an embroidery machine, I will not buy an embroidery machine!) LOL I would love to buy an embroidery machine after seeing these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have these towels, Lisa! It was an AMAZING gift. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - what a great set of towels and matching card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute towels. What a great idea to use Mel's images with a embroidery machine. Sure wish I still had mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome. I just wonder how long it took you to have this project turn out so perfect? I have always wanted an embroidery machine.... Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love your designs for cards but now that you have shared with us I am forwarding this to my friend that embroiders! That way perhaps she & I will be doing the same thing but just in different ways! How fun will that be? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am truly a machine embroidery novice. I have taken classes at the sewing shop where I bought my machine. Using the machine is not difficult at all. The digitizing takes a little practice. It is super fun. I find myself learning more each time I use it and I am able to do more things with it. The towels took from start to finish several hours with the digitizing, hooping, and sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Makes me want to go out and buy a machine LOL, gorgeous projects

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! (hugs)

(If you have questions for the artist, you can contact her directly at info@meljensdesigns.com - for all other questions, please visit our 'contact' page. We'll help you the best we can! :-)