Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Getting to Know Candace

Hi everyone!! It's Candace here to tell you a little more about myself today. 



1. Favorite saying.
"When life gives you lemons, thank God you're from the South, and put 'em in your sweet tea."
This quote may seem silly, but it says a lot about me. I've been going around saying it for years. It speaks about my determination, my pride in being a Southerner, my personal faith, and my love for sweet tea. :)


2. What is the first thing you see to your right?
a few cards that I made this week

3. What do you collect, other than designer paper & card stock?
Dust? LOL
I don't really collect anything, but I do have quite a few Willow Tree angels that people have given me. I love anything with bright colors, cupcakes, or fleur-de-lis stuff (see answer to next question).

4. Favorite sport and/or team to watch.
New Orleans Saints football! 

5. What is your guilty pleasure?
Cupcakes. I love them! I love to bake and cupcakes are my favorite thing to bake.

6. Do you snack when you create?  If so, what is it?
Not usually. Every now and then I will keep some chocolate at my desk, but not often because I'm always scared I'll get something on my card. However, I always have a Coke Zero at my stamp desk with me!

7. If you were a cartoon character, who would you be?
Does a Disney princess count? They always have happy endings!

8. A funny/quirky/odd thing about you...
I've never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Two of my toes are grown together.
I can't stand for leftover time to be on the microwave.
I teach English, but I say "y'all" 100 times a day. It's the Southerner in me. 
Oh, that was more than one, wasn't it? I guess I'm kind of quirky. :)

9. When you're not playing with paper, what are you doing?
Teaching - I'm a 7th and 8th grade English teacher. 
Watching a random assortment of TV shows (Army Wives, Drop Dead Diva, Teen Mom, Young & the Restless, Swamp People, and Duck Dynasty). I told you it was random. 
Reading on my Kindle
Sitting on the couch playing on my laptop
Baking something sweet in the kitchen
My life is VERY interesting. ;)

10. Finish this sentence:  "I love everything about..."
Stamping. It's given me some amazing opportunities. I've had the pleasure of serving on several design teams and making amazing friends. Also, it's so special to give someone a handmade card, and I love that!

Here's one of my favorite cards from the past using the  Love Sprouts image




I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me! :)

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Candice, nice to know about you. I love the card you made. I have this image and now I want to find it amongst my 100's of stamps, digi's etc etc...love Annie from Ozzie..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your card you made and getting to know you as well. Thank you for sharing to us a little about you and thank you for sharing some of your creativity,too.
    Have a great day :)
    Delama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Candace...I live in British Columbia Canada. That puts me on the other side of the continent from you. It is so nice to have friends in so many places. Thanks to technology we can talk, share and see each other talents at the touch of a button. I love your card...the colors just plain make me happy :)
    have a good one
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! (hugs)

(If you have questions for the artist, you can contact her directly at info@meljensdesigns.com - for all other questions, please visit our 'contact' page. We'll help you the best we can! :-)