Friday, August 17, 2012

Summer at the Beach

Hey all,  it's Jessica here. I have some sunny fun to share with you today. I love that the theme here this month is Summer. It is quite fitting that today would be my DT day since I am leaving later this afternoon for a weekend at the coast with my family. I made this card in honor of our trip.

Now of course the Oregon Coast does not have palm trees and private islands like the image Sun Fun Island but it does have sun and sand. I can't wait to get my feet on that beach and dig my toes in as the waves come up.

Here is a pic of where we are headed this weekend.


This picture was from last summer, which is the last time my kids have been to the beach. They are really looking forward to going this weekend. We are going to take the kids to a part of the coast that they have not explored. The main plan is to explore Fort Stevens, an old military fort dating back to the Civil War. There the kids will be able to see a historic shipwreck, named the Peter Iredale. 



And a 90 + year old gun battery that served as a World War II command center. 





Thanks for hanging out with me today and I hope that you all have had some amazing adventures this  summer. If you haven't then get out there and  explore.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great trip, the card is fabulous.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card! That image is so FUN!
    Hope you had/are having a great time at the beach! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! (hugs)

(If you have questions for the artist, you can contact her directly at info@meljensdesigns.com - for all other questions, please visit our 'contact' page. We'll help you the best we can! :-)