Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Summer Fun

Happy Tuesday to you all. It's my (Nancy) turn to share my "Summer Fun" activity with you. Now I know this might not sound like a lot of fun to some of you but to me it is. You see I live in SW Ontario, Canada and summer in our area means lots of wonderfully delicious fresh fruits. It starts in June with strawberries and rhubarb. July brings raspberries, blueberries and cherries, August gives us peaches and pears. My daughters, granddaughter  and I love to go and "Pick Your Own". In fact it's actually become a "Summer Tradition" for us. After we've filled our baskets (which can take a bit of time considering how much "Taste Testing" we do) we go home and make jam. Lots and lots and lots of jam. Granted it is a bit of work but during the cold winter months it is such a delicious treat spread on nice warm toast.


This time we made Cherry Almond Jam


We ended up making 3 batches!


Some of the jams I make I like to give away as gifts so as soon as I saw Melissa's sweet image  "Baby Cherry Mouse", I knew it would make the perfect card to go along with a jar.
Here it is at a little different angle:

Well, that's it for me and my Summer Fun. Hope yours is going well and your making fun memories of your own.

hugs,
Nancy




Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute card, Nancy!

    The jam sounds yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! (hugs)

(If you have questions for the artist, you can contact her directly at info@meljensdesigns.com - for all other questions, please visit our 'contact' page. We'll help you the best we can! :-)