Saturday, September 22, 2012

Say Hello to Jessica and Ria!

Hello!

I've got 2 more of our new designers to introduce you to today!

Here's Jessica M.


My name is Jessica, and most people call me Jess. I was born and schooled in South Africa, where I picked up a love of bright colours in Natal, and moved to the UK after completing my education and now live in Ireland.

I love doing anything crafty and other interests include drawing, painting, calligraphy and making small toys. My most passionate craft for the last few years has been cardmaking, and I live with a very understanding partner who humours me when it comes to my paper and colour addiction! I started out with a love for decoupage, but very soon found stamping and still like to layer and layer, the more the better. Most of my cards are clean designs, although it depends what mood I am in and if the distress inks are closeby.

I make cards for all occassions, but Christmas and Wedding cards are definite favourite because I can user lots of glitter, flowers, die cut shapes and punches. My cuttlebug, bighsot and dies are never far away either, and are honestly my best ever craft investments!

When I am not crafting I work full time and love walking and baking when I get a moment to do those things too.

Here's a beautiful card from Jess that really grabbed our attention during our DT Call
Using Fancy Flower Pony

And, next up, we have:

Ria

My name is Ria van Son and I am living in the Netherlands (Europe). I feel so honoured to be picked for the Meljen's Design Team.  I share my life with my hubby(almost 29 years) and our English Cocker Spaniel " Seven "who really is a handfull of trouble. I still believe we should have called her Tinkerbell. That fits her much more. In 2007 I saw some blogs with the most amazing cards made with Stamps and all kinds of embellies and knew right away that I wanted to do something like that. I was at that moment looking for a new hobby as I had to quit my PolymerClay addiction ( sculpting fantasy figures and making jewelry) due Carpal Tunnel Syndrome on both hands. Didnt wanted to go thru a 4th operation so I decided to stop it and search for something else that would not be so hard for my hands. And I am enjoying my Stamps and Papers ever since I started working with them in 2007.  MY latest addiction is colouring on Kraft cardstock and playing alot of challenges in blogland. I hope you all will love my creations with Meljen's Designs stamps.

Here is one of Ria's beautiful creations!  This has always been a favorite image of mine!


I hope to see you again next Saturday!

Hugs,
Dee


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I know Ria well and her work is gorgeous! I'm looking forward to seeing more of Jessica's lovely work too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! (hugs)

(If you have questions for the artist, you can contact her directly at info@meljensdesigns.com - for all other questions, please visit our 'contact' page. We'll help you the best we can! :-)