Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Year, New Month, New Guest Designer!

Happy New Year, friends!

I'm so glad you're here!  I am really looking forward to an amazing year with you all and I have a line up of wonderful guest designers to bring to you every month as well!

Remember, if you are interested in being a guest designer with us here at Meljen's Designs, please email me - Dee - and we'll check the schedule together!

Today I am honored to introduce you to...


My name is Luciana Picoral, I'm 34 years old and I'm brazilian. I started crafting in 2007 as a way to relax from work; two or three years later I decided to quit my job and started working as a handmade bookbinder. Coloring images is my hobby and my favorite materials are chalk and markers (especially Copic Markers). I'm crazy about stamps and because of Meljen's Designs I started working with digistamps too. Being here this month is very special and I hope we have a great time together.




Project:  Happy New Year!


Although Chinese New Year only starts on 10th February, I fell in love with this image and had to use it as my first project in 2013! Yelllow, orange and red poped out in my mind just because they are very vibrant colors and that is something I wish for us this year: a lot of vibrance and energy to work hard and have a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy and get some inspiration from it. 
Hugs, Lu Picoral.



image:  Chinese Dragon


Thanks so much for stopping by to meet Luciana!  Check back in to see her in our challenges and every Saturday throughout the month!

Hugs,
Dee
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. É maravilhoso ver o trabalho de uma brasileira aqui. Ainda mais sendo da Lu Picoral que é uma artesã de talento ímpar.
    Com certeza será um mês de lindas imagens!!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parabéns, Lu!
    Que projeto lindo! A pintura está show, linda de viver!
    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Luciana! Congratz for the beautiful job! I really loved it! Hope to see you soon! Best Regards! Eliane Rampon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Luciana!!
    Congrats on becoming Meljens GD
    I love your card!!
    The image you chose is also very nice!!
    If it wouldn't be a problem for you,could you please check my blog & please comment on my creations!!
    thx!!
    -Tavishi (http://www.art-rocks-rules.blogspot.in){my blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! (hugs)

(If you have questions for the artist, you can contact her directly at info@meljensdesigns.com - for all other questions, please visit our 'contact' page. We'll help you the best we can! :-)